- A safe hospital ward
- Experienced opticians
- Competitive prices of the most modern treatment methods
- Painless procedure
- The latest one-day SBK-Lasik method is now available at the Medical Center!
- SPECIAL OFFER for laser vision correction – fast, effective and completely safe methods to improve vision!
Do you remember life without the glasses? To see the world as it is, to go for a swim without a thought of contact lenses, not wiping your glasses each time it’s raining and being able to wear model at summer.
Our eyes cannot keep up with the changes brought by modern society. Most of the time we stare at the computer screen, television screen or a book. More and more people need glasses or contact lenses to see properly. That’s why more people are getting the laser vision correction. Each year the number of ,,cured” increases. It’s a common medical procedure that Ophthalmologists from the Dom Lekarski Medical Center in Szczecin are carring out with success since 2009.
,,Now my vision is just great. The world is beautiful. Even for a minute I did not regret that I decided to get a surgery. If I had to make a decision for the second time, I would not hesitate” Monika Bączkowska
Laser vision correction is a type of refractive surgery for the corrections of eye defects such as: myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. Thanks to the treatment, patients can see perfectly without glasses or contact lenses.
Most adults can undergo surgery if their vision defect is stable and their eyes are healthy. Children do not qualify, because their eyes are still growing until they reach the age of 21 years old, which can cause their vision defect to change.
For the sake of patient safety, the final decision about the type of the procedure is based on the results of specialist tests.
- Finished 21 years,
- Not exceeded 50 years old,
- Stabilized visual defect (the defect has not changed over the last year),
- You are not pregnant,
- You do not take steroids.
And you do not suffer from:
- Diabetes or other metabolic diseases,
- Rheumatic diseases,
- Atopy or severe allergies,
- Active infectious diseases or diseases with weakened body,
- Inflammation of the eyes *,
- Glaucoma or cataract *,
- Retinal detachment *,
- Corneal changes *.
*During the qualification test, a detailed eye diagnosis is carried out in our center, which excludes the above-mentioned diseases
Refractive surgery, commonly known as the correction of vision defect, is performed using an excimer laser. Cold Laser beam models and reshapes the surface of the cornea, in order to improve visual acuity.
The cornea is a transparent and covex outer surface of the eye. Made up of 5 cell layers that varies in thickness. During the procedure, surgeon removes the thin, outermost layer, epithelium, which allows to model the deeper parts of the cornea.
Our ophthalmologists recommend modern and safe for the eyes surface methods: Epi-lasik and EBK and the latest one-day SBK-Lasik method.
PRK – the first method officially accepted in 1995. It only affects the cornea’s surface, not the tissue underneath.
LASEK – improved PRK method. During the procedure, the surgeon uses diluted alcohol solution in order to separate the epithelium.
LASIK – with the help of a microkeratome, the surgeon cuts a thick cornea flap, which is folded to the side, then shapes the cornea. LASIK is a popular method because in most cases the visual acuity improves very quickly and the pain does not occur during healing process. However, if the cornea is too thin, if the patient has dry or itchy eyes or is practicing a contact sport, he will be a better candidate for superficial treatment.
The newest method, an alternative for the LASIK procedure. In SBK, surgeons use a special Carriazo-Pendular microkeratome, that allows them to create a 100 micron flap.
The main advantages of SBK-LASIK:
- Separation occurs just below the Bowman membrane, which allows for major savings of the cornea and gives benefits that were unattainable with the previous methods.
- It is the safest and most comfortable method.
- Very quick and painless period of regeneration. Most patients regain sharp vision after a few hours without any complications.
- Sensitivity to light is significantly reduced, and cases of dry eye occur less frequently in the first period after surgery.
- This is a chance to get rid of vision defects for people who until now could not have laser correction due to too thin cornea, or large myopia or a combination of both.
During the Epi-lasik treatment, the surgeon uses a precise tool called an epicatome to gently separate the epithelium (epitelium), leaving a smooth surface prepared for the laser. The cornea is then laser modeled. During the healing process, epithelial cells regenerate quickly and the results of visual acuity control are very good.
Advantages of Epi-LASIK:
- Protects the structural integrity of the cornea – Epi-LASIK, does not interfer with the deeper layers of the cornea. Because the epithelial flap is not cut off, like in LASIK, Epi-LASIK is considered a generally safer method.
- Highly recommended for patients with active lifestyle – There is no risk that the cornea flap that was cut off during the LASIK procedure may peel off over time. . You should be aware that impact, such as an airbag deployment during a car accident, may result in partial or complete detachment of the flap.
- Safe for patients with a thin cornea. Epi-LASIK does not interfere with the deeper layers of the cornea.
- The lower probability of developing the dry eye syndrome Epi-LASIK is more delicate for the corneal nerves and therefore the ability to cause or the dry eye syndrome is less.
- Potentially better visual improvement results
EBK- SAFE AND PAINLESS
The recent groundbreaking discovery is the newest treatment brought by Orca Surgical – EBK (Epi thelial Bowman’s Keratectomy). The procedure is performed with the EpiClear device – the first, dynamic epicatome. It is a multi blade for removing corneal epithelium before laser vision correction. EBK is an alternative method for the currently used Epi-LASIK and SBK LASIK. The device allows surgeons to perform a safe removal of the corneal epithelial layer. The EpiClear tool collects the removed epithelial cells into a bowl-shaped tip without leaving them on the surface of the cornea. The EBK procedure leaves the Bowman layer completely intact. All of this allows for the shorter recovery time after the treatment and reduce the pain during epithelial treatment.
The EBK benefits for the patient:
- very safe for the eye – it leaves the Bowman layer untouched,
- a quick procedure – it completely removes the epithelium in 8 seconds,
- acceleration of healing – it allows the tissue to quickly heal completely, leaving no scars,
- natural – completely cured, elastic epithelium of the eye properly innervated
Laser vision corrections are the most commonly performed medical procedures in the world. Approximately 40 millions corrections are made each year.
The safety of our patient is our highest priority.
With each surgery there is a risk of complications, which in the case of laser vision correction is estimated at about 2%. the most dangerous of them may be eye infection, which in our center is minimized thanks to the appropriate procedures and the use of eye drops by the patient. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia.
Complications reported by patients include:
- reduced visual acuity,
- intraocular pressure,
- occlusion of the cornea,
- splitting of the light (mainly at night, it is then recommended to wear anti-reflective goggles for driving a car),
- drying of the corneal epithelium (reduced with Epi-lasik).
Some of the above side effects may occur during the first weeks after surgery.
No. There are over 750 excimer systems in the world, but only a few are approved by the American FDA. Our patients are being treated with the usage of the MEL 80 laser produced by Carl Zeiss Company. It is one of the most advanced devices in Poland. It is distinguished by the shortest time of ablation, or corneal shaping.. Treatments performed with this laser are completely safe and extremely precise.
Laser vision correction is the modelling of the cornea – the convex, outer layer of the eyeball, using a laser beam. The cornea can be modeled after removal of the outer layer, i.e. the epithelium.
Far-sightedness up to +4,0 Diopters
Near-sightedness to about -9.0 Diopters
Astigmatism up to approx -4.0 Diopters
The data given is only approximate. Detailed tests will determine if the procedure is safe for you.
The method will be determined by surgeon after detailed medical examination.
Usually, there are no contraindications.
It is possible, however, when the difference between the right and left eyes is too large, additional tests are necessary.
Yes, but treatments with defects close to -1.0 Diopters are recommended only for people who need it because of their profession.
The patient during the laser vision correction procedure is anesthetized locally. A surgeon applies anesthetic drops into patient eyes. Importantly, no punctures are made.
The correction of vision is painless.
During the procedure patient is fully aware , however his sight is reduced. Patient is able to see only flashes and lights, his vision is blurred.
During the procedure, the surgeon uses a modern computer system to set and control the laser. You will have to focus for a moment on the emitted light. At this point the laser will send a beam of light into your eye, that will shape the cornea. The whole procedure lasts only a few minutes, while the laser works only for several dozen seconds. The doctor conducting the treatment will inform you in detail about the course and individual stages of the procedure. You will be aware of what is happening to you, which is an extremely important aspect that helps you stay calm and relax.
The MEL 80 laser is one of the safest devices in the world. Thanks to the equipment with a super-sensitive system supporting the operation of the surgeon, it is possible to provide full protection to the eyes. If Eyetracker detects even the slightest change in the position of the pupil center, it will stop the laser. It is impossible to blink with the eye because the eyelid is secured with a special anti-closure device
This is an individual matter. Some people ma feel discomfort after the treatment, such as: burning or tearing of the eye. Pain may accompany patients from 1 to 4 days after surgery, during which it is recommended to use appropriate painkillers and eye drops.
Again, it is an individual thing that depends on how quickly cornea heals. Good vision can return after a few days while full sharpness and contrast without glasses is possible after about three months.
In the case of the SBK-Lasik method, the patient returns visual acuity after the first day after surgery, which is why it is a one-day method.
After the procedure the patients are transported to the post-treatment room, where they rest for 2-3 hours. After this time, the doctor checksthe eye and if there are no contraindications, the patient can go home.
The final effect of laser vision correction depends on several factors. One of the most important postoperative elements is healing of the cornea. In order to obtain the most durable and best results, this process should be supported and care should be taken for proper care and full eye protection, in accordance with the doctor’s instructions.
It is usually possible after a few days. When you feel better, you can return to your duties without any problems, but remember – take it easy. You should also avoid exposing your eyes to the sun or being in smoky or overheated rooms.
It should be mentioned, that even the most pessimistic studies confirm the fact that a minimum of 95% of patients achieve sufficient and even better than required sharpness necessary to drive a car during 3-6 months. The effects of the treatment are permanent.
The vast majority of patients achieve perfect visual acuity in 3 to 6 months without glasses, however, it should be mentioned that with serious defects there is a possibility that the defect will not be fully corrected. In this case the treatment should be repeated. The Epi-Lasik treatment gives the best chance for the success of the repeated operation.
Yes, however, before the operation you should tell your doctor about your eye correction procedures, because they affect the individual parameters of your eyesight.
There is no such threat. Appropriate preparation and a properly performed procedure, as well as adherence to the doctor’s recommendations, completely eliminate any risk of blindness.
|MD PhD Małgorzata Kaczmarek||10/3/18 16:00 - 10/3/18 20:30||10/3/18 9:00 - 10/3/18 14:00||-||-||-|
If you are considering undergoing laser vision correction, we invite you for consultation and qualifying tests. It is worth getting ready for the visit and writing down the questions that bother you.
- Qualification and tests for laser vision correction at the Turzyn Clinic (dr n. Med. Małgorzata Kaczmarek, dr Agnieszka Ostojska)
- If you have been qualified for the procedure, you can call tel. 664 087 161 to arrange the date of the procedure.
- Before the surgery the patient is obliged to sign a contract and pay the full amount for the procedure. Details: 91 43 29 515.
- Do not put on soft contact lenses for 2-3 weeks before the procedure.
- Do not put on hard contact lenses for 4 weeks before surgery.
The day of the procedure
- Do not drink alcohol, coffee or other beverages with caffeine for 48 hours before the procedure,
- Take your sunglasses with you,
- Do not do makeup,
- Wash your head, face and eyes thoroughly, do not use any perfumes or deodorants,
- Plan a means of transport and care (you will not be able to drive a car),
- Dress comfortably.
After the procedure:
- Follow the doctor’s instructions!
- You may feel slight discomfort: hypersensitivity to light, itching, burning, tearing, feeling of a foreign body – these are normal signs of eye healing after surgery,
- Do not rub your eyes or eyelids
- Rest as much as possible, preferably on the back,
- Wear sunglasses,
- Do not use eye soaps or make-up cosmetics for a few days, make sure that you do not get water in your eyes when bathing,
- For 1 month, do not sunbathe in the solarium or in the sun, avoid direct sunlight,
- Do not swim in the pool for 1 month,
- Avoid dusty and smoky places, reduce smoking,
- Do not do hard physical work,
- Apply for control visits.
Only strict adherence to the doctor’s recommendations guarantees a full effect!